Saturday 31 January 2015

CBBC skills

Hi,

On Friday one of my patients was a 3 year old kid who had come in with an ear infection. After having a chat with the parents and a playful examination of the kid I reassured them and went to send them home. The mum was really impressed - she told me that her child was usually really shy of the doctors and wouldn't let them examine hum at all.

For a moment, I was secretly smug. I am the child whisperer! She quickly deflated my bubble and explained that it was probably because I looked like one of the 'silly CBBC presenters' and wasn't scary like those 'other older strict doctors'...

Well, as long as the kid doesn't vomit on me, I will take it...

1 comment:

  1. never mind, you know you are the children whisperer

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-12501063-1